by Joanna Ochocinska
If you like unique and subtle jewellery, then you’re going to love this. In this tutorial we will be using bead-netting technique which can be employed to create beautiful pieces of jewellery such as circular netted earrings or netted bracelets. You can also use it to decorate and enhance ready-made jewellery such as hoops. As a result you get a beautiful, elegant and original product which will, undoubtedly, become the object of envy for many.
Now, Jada Pinkett Smith once said: ‘If I had my way, I'd wear jewelry, a great pair of heels and nothing else.’ And if it was a pair of these netted hoop earrings she was wearing, I bet nobody would even notice her heels... or anything else for that matter. It’s hard to believe that something so awesome is so easy to make and only takes as long (or as short) to make as one episode of your favourite TV series!
1. Make netted earrings following steps 1-29 from How To Make Circular Netted Earrings Out Of Beads tutorial. Make sure they fit inside your hoop earrings. You might have to add or reduce the number of rows.
2. Push the needle through the beads in the outermost row so that it comes out in the middle of one of the ‘petals’.
3. Place the earring inside the hoop, wrap the thread around it and bring the needle through the remaining beads of this petal. Start as close to the earring hook as possible.
4. Slide the needle through the middle of the next petal, wrap the thread around the hoop and push the needle all the way to the middle of the following petal.
5. Repeat step 4 until you’ve made a full circle. Pull the thread out at the side of the earring hook.
6. Make a knot.
7. String 3 seed beads onto the thread.
8. Slide the needle underneath the frame of the hoop.
9. Bring the needle up through the last seed bead.
10. This time add only 2 beads and repeat steps 8 and 9.
11. Keep repeating step 10 to decorate the entire circumference of the hoop.
12. Go back down through the 2 preceding beads.
13. Make a knot around the nearest intersecting thread.
14. Weave the thread through a couple of beads to hide the knot and cut the thread as close to the beads as possible.
15. Go show everyone what you’ve made :-)
You might be thinking that now that you’ve reached perfection, there’s nothing more to accomplish. That’s not entirely true; while you have indeed reached perfection, there is so much more to do! How about a netted choker or a necklace to match the earrings?! If you want to find out how to make these, read my articles on how to make a netted choker out of beads and how to make a netted necklace out of beads coming soon.
How To Make Circular Netted Earrings Out Of Beads | How to Make a Netted Bracelet Out of Beads | How To Decorate Hoop Earrings With Beads | How To Make Diamond-shaped Earrings Out Of Beads | How To Make Beaded Earrings With Fringe