by Hollie Strack
If you’re like me and don’t want to spend loads of money on cheap Halloween decorations, then it might be best to create your own. I have created a very easy pumpkin out of an old book, some scrap packing paper, and hot glue. This project didn’t take me more than 2 hours.
1. Old book
2. Packing Paper
3. Hot glue
4. Scissors and/or utility knife
1. Remove the cover from your book.
2. Draw a pumpkin/half moon shape on the first page of you book.
3. Begin cutting along the pattern on the book, you can either use scissors or a utility knife. I ended up using a utility knife to cut the pages then scissors to clean them up when I was done.
4. Use hot glue to secure the first page the book to the last, it might also be helpful to add some to the binding of the book so it holds more securely.
5. Roll up a piece of brown packing paper, securing it with hot glue as you go so it doesn’t come unraveled. Cut off the ragged edges on the bottom, apply a generous amount of hot glue and stick to the center of your pumpkin.
If your find that too many of your book pages are sticking together just run a line of hot glue between them near the binding. This will allow for separation, just make sure you leave that part open so it hardens and doesn’t just glue the pages together.
Good Luck & Happy Crafting!